Back to the grind….

Day 1

After a wonderful summer off with my boys, it was back to work for me yesterday (teaching art to high school students). It started off great – both boys packed and out the door on time. Driving to daycare was the first hiccup…. My four year old says, “Mommy can’t Daddy work every day and make all the money so you can stay home with us?” Talk about starting to feel guilty, which I already was so this was sticking a knife in me and twisting. I think I probably even choked back tears, which ended up as a common pattern yesterday and today, the only difference is yesterday it ended in complete meltdown.

My saving grace after arriving at day care yesterday morning, was knowing both boys were going to be in the best possible hands for daycare. My day care provider is like another mommy when I am at work! My boys love her and she is awesome! Dropping them off took a few minutes, since it was also her first time cloth diapering. I had to show her what to do quickly so I changed my little man’s diaper to demonstrate. I wanted to make things very easy for her and with minimal work, so my supplies consisted of pocket diapers, Bumkins disposable/flushable liners, CJ’s butt balm, flannel wipes, Johnson & Johnson baby wash for the wipes, wipes container, and a wet bag. Showed her to just line the diaper with a liner snap on and go. The boys were busy playing and had no problem with me going off to work.

It seemed to go pretty good, but that soon changed. Work was chaotic because my classroom (computer lab) wasn’t what I expected. Then hiccups just kept going and going… Plus I had to leave my boys so it kept making it worse. By the time I was done I was ready to pick them up! I was relieved that my boys were excited to see me and that I got a great report. I was also super excited that the cloth diapering went easily!!! Woohoo…

Yet, going home little man was super clingy and cranky. Luckily my Mom and Dad saved me and had us over! But at this point the meltdown was already starting and the tears flowed the minute I got to my parents since hubby was working. Ugh…

Day 2

Another great morning out the door and luckily no gut wrenching comments. Work was a little better but still had hiccups and continued to miss my boys. But it is getting easier! Unfortunately the boys didn’t nap the best, but the cloth diapering at day care continues to be successful!!!! I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful day care provider and supporting family!!!

We’ll see how the rest of the week continues…


About alyshacarmody

I'm an art teacher aka working mom that has two wonderful boys, ages 4 and 9 months. My husband is a police officer who works nights; so I find that my style of parenting isn't always what others approve of, but it works for us! I am very crafty so I am always finding new projects to try and think that I am "green" or at least try to be. My philosophy is live laughing and loving. This blog is intended as an adventure so we'll see how it goes...
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s